Monday, October 6, 2008

My HoneyBee Is In Seventh Heaven

Some surprising news earlier today...

Adam Ant is Q Icon

When I Stumbled Onto The News That Q-Magazine Voted "Adam Ant" As Q Icon For 2008, There Was Only One Thing I Could Do.. Get On The Phone With His Biggest Fan This Side Of The "North Sea" (ie. My HoneyBee) To Tell Her This Fabulous News. Dee.. I'm Nearly As Excited As You Are And I Truly Hope This Marks The Beginning Of New "Ant"Stuff. You Deserve It. Ever Since I Met You I've Been Blessed With A Wonderful Woman That Understands What Being A Fan Means. Thank You Dee.

And Here's The Press Blurb...










One-time 'dandy highwayman' and Prince Charming, Adam Ant, was today named Q Icon at the 2008 Q Awards with Russian Standard Vodka.


The 53-year-old singer was behind a string of hits during the 1980s both as frontman for The Ants and as a solo star, including Kings Of The Wild Frontier, Antmusic and Goody Two Shoes.


Ant - real name Stuart Goddard - successfully reinvented himself musically and image-wise on numerous occasions, successfully straddling the punk and New Romantic movements and coping with the loss of his entire band when Malcolm McClaren persuaded them to ditch him and form BowWowWow.


Collecting the title, Ant said: "It's very good to be standing here. It's very good to be standing actually! I've always loved music and I like music that looks good as well. Forgive me for that. And I'll be collecting my catalogue royaltiese from Coldplay later on (a reference to the Ant-like outfits the band were wearing).


"It does mean a lot for Q to reward me with this award and you will never know how much it means to me," he added.


Last year's winner of the Q Icon award was Sir Paul McCartney.




Cheers Adam.. I Had A Blast Last Year @ The Bloomsbury Theatre. Hope To See Ya Soon In The Company Of A Beautiful Lady.

No comments: